Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DILEMMA: iPad 2 vs. Playbook

Past my dilemma over which smartphone to acquire, I have made my pick last year  to a Storm 2 9520 Blackberry phone.  After several reviews in the Internet I find it more seducing for me.  Reasons why? (1) I just love the hardware (physical), it looks very professional and corporate for me. (2) The exclusiveness it brings to myself from the people in the place I am currently living and working. (3) I’ve got all my email accounts activated at one same time. (4) Camera is good, Audio is firm, Apps jived in with my interests. (5) It can get along with various computers to share and sync in with the files. BBM is phenomenal in sharing files from different places like mp3, videos and pictures in a maximum size of 6mb.  Lastly, it can never get me wrong with its Surepress  touchscreen.



No offense to Iphone users, I have high respect for your phone’s dominance in the market. I cannot deny the fact that speedy browsing is the most impressive factor for me and the facetime. I gave credits also to some of the thousand apps that was helpful and entertaining. But all of these could not get even to the reasons I have mentioned above.

Moving on, I am planning to buy a tablet in the near future to get with the trends of time. Paramount to that, is the comfort and fun it will serve me in moments of travel and the portability it brings when I’m browsing the recipe videos in YouTube while I’m cooking, music tripping and watching movies when I’m laid down in bed.

I only consider these two tablets because these I think are the best tablets in town. Starting from scratch, I leave behind the credits I gave to Blackberry phone before and start anew since tablets and smartphones are two different worlds.

Join me as I go along with these previews.

And the battle begins...

Features
Apple’s
iPad 2
Blackberry
Playbook
Network
Wi-Fi Only, AT&T/GSM,
Verizon
Wi-Fi Only, WMax (Sprint),
LTE, HSPA+
Operating System
iOS 4.3
Blackberry Tablet OS (QNX)
Screen Size
9.7-inch IPS LED @
1024x768 132ppi
7-inch LCD @ 1024x600
Processor
Apple A5 dual core 1GHz
ARM Cortex A9 dual-core
@1GHz
Memory
Unknown
1GB
Storage
16GB/32GB/64GB
16GB/32GB/64GB
Data Speed
HSPA 3G/EVDO Rev A
WMax, LTE< HSPA+ 4G
MicroSD Card
Never
No
Rear Camera
720p
5MP
Max Video Recording
720p 30fps
1080p
Front Camera
VGA 30fps
3MP
Adobe Flash
Never
At Launch
Bluetooth
2.1 + EDR
2.1 + EDR
Wi-Fi
802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
GPS
aGPS (3G version only)
aGPS
Sensors
Light, accelerometer,
Compass, gyroscope
Accelerometer
TV out
1080 HDMI, VGA,
Component, composite
(with adapters)
HDMI out
Size
9.5x7.31x0.34 inches
5.1x7.8x0.4 inches
Weight
1.33 lbs
0.9 lbs
Battery
25-watt-hour
5300mAh
Price
Wi-Fi $499, $599, $699
3G $629, $729, $829
Pending (Starting at $499)
SIM
MicroSIM (GSM 3G Only)
Unknown
Requires PC to activate
Yes, via iTunes
No
Applications
App Store
App World
Development
HTML 5, Objective C
Native SDK
HTML 5, Adobe Air, Native
SDK, JAVA
Battery Life
10:26 hrs
7:01 hrs
Graphics
PowerVR SGX543MP2
67 MPolygons
2 GPixel/s fill rate
Power VR SGX540
Manufacturer
Foxconn
Quanta Computer
Developer
Apple Inc.
Research In Motion
No. Of Apps to date
65000+
3000+







iPad2 and Playbook Smackdown


Speed Test

Web Fidelity

Blackberry Playbook
Click the links below for Blackberry Playbook Attributes:
Tablet Features
Built-In Apps
Tablet accessories
Apple’s iPad2
Click the links below for Apple’s iPad 2 Attributes:

Tablet Features and Accessories

Built-In Apps


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE ON

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *